I want to thank everyone who voted and helped my post Branding For Small Business And Bloggers win the SEMMY in the small business category. As I mentioned when the post was first nominated it was an honor to be included, but let’s face it, winning is better and thank you all for helping make that happen.
You can see how the voting broke down for the small business category.
I’d like to congratulate all the winners. There are a lot of great articles in the list below and each was a deserving winner.
- Search Engine Ranking Factors Version 2 – Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz (SEO)
- Optimizing Paid Search & Landing Pages for TV, Radio and Print Advertising – Greg Meyers, SEM Geek (PPC)
- Why Google Can’t Just “Dump” PageRank – Dan Thies, SEO Fast Start (Google)
- Top 6 Ideas for Incredible Viral Content – Tamar Weinberg, Techipedia (Viral Marketing)
- Help! I’m New, I Need Links, What Can I Do? – Debra Mastaler, The Link Spiel (Link Building)
- Anatomy & Optimization Of A Local Business Profile – Chris Silver Smith, Search Engine Land (Local Search)
- The Blogger’s Guide to SEO – Aaron & Giovanna Wall, SEO Book (Blogs & Blogging)
- Buzz Monitoring: 26 Free Tools You Must Have – Andy Beal, Marketing Pilgrim (Reputation Management)
- Branding For Small Business And Bloggers – Steven Bradley, TheVanBlog (Small Business)
- The Social Media Manual: Read Before You Play – Muhammad Saleem, Search Engine Land (Social Media)
- Web Analytics Demystified – Avinash Kaushik, Occam’s Razor (Analytics)
- Which Is Better For SEO: Shared or Dedicated IPs – Lisa Barone, Bruce Clay Blog (Search Tech)
- How A Pretty Face Can Push Visitors Away – Bryan Eisenberg, Grokdotcom (Online Marketing/General)
- 9 Ways To Bore The Audience at SES New York – Lisa Barone, Bruce Clay Blog (LOL Funny!)
- Web 2.0 & SEO: Must We Piss In Every Public Fountain? – Dan Thies, SEO Fast Start (Rants)
I’ve said a few times through this process that it was an honor to be included in the awards. When I look over the above list I realize I’m probably the least know of all the authors above. Having my name listed alongside each of them is truly an honor.
I want to thank Matt one more time for putting the SEMMYS together. As someone who collects a lot of links for a
weekly monthly round-up post I know how much time and work it takes to gather them all up and then narrow them back down into something presentable. I’m sure Matt devoted a lot of effort to putting the awards together and given the talk I’m glad to see the first annual SEMMYS have been perceived as a success.
Thanks again Matt and congratulations for putting together a great new blogging award.
And while I’m handing out congratulations how about one for the New York Giants for their historic win in Super Bowl XLII. Not many believed outside their locker room, but they showed that if you believe you can succeed.
Download a free sample from my book, Design Fundamentals.