Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding.
There is no better marketing strategy than branding. If you can build a strong brand people will search specifically for you when they are looking to buy what you offer. Your new products will launch with the trust and credibility your brand has acquired over time. A lack of trust is one of the biggest barriers to selling online. Brand establishes that trust instantly.
Do you understand the importance of brand?
- Do you buy Kleenex or tissues?
- Do you Google or search?
- Do you Xerox of make a copy?
- Do you use a Band-Aid or an adhesive bandage?
- Do you use Scotch Tape or cellophane tape?
- Do you FedEx or do you send a package?
- Do you eat Jell-O or gelatin?
- Do you play Ping-Pong or table tennis?
- Do you use Chapstick or lip balm?
- Do you use a Frisbee or a sports disc?
- Do you use Windex or glass and window cleaner?
- Do you use Vaseline or petroleum jelly?
- Do you ask for a Coke or a cola?
- Do you relax in the Jacuzzi or the hot tub?
- Do you use a Jet-Ski or a personal watercraft?
- Do you write on a Post-It-Note or a piece of paper with adhesive on the back?
- Do you clean your ears with a Q-tip or a cotton swap?
- Do you cook in a Crock-Pot or an electric slow cooker?
- Do you TiVo or use your digital video recorder?
- Do you use Saran Wrap or plastic wrap?
Do you understand the importance of brand yet?
Will you be as well known as some of the brands above? Maybe not, but every action you take makes a statement about you and you don’t need as much money as you think to build a brand. Money will help you extend your reach, but if you understand who you’re trying to reach you can save money by limiting your marketing to those people.
Look over the list above or at some of the brands listed here. Do you think they profit by being associated as the product instead of just one of the many who make the product? Do you understand the importance of brand?