You are here:
Home / Topics / News & Announcements / Welcome to the forum

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Steven Bradley Steven Bradley 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steven Bradley
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum.

I’ve been wanting to add a forum to the site for a number of years. My first explorations online were forums. I’ve learned a lot from other people posting to them and currently own and run a small business forum that some of you might have seen. Since this site runs on WordPress I wanted to wait until bbPress had matured enough to power the forums here. Once they did I was looking for a good excuse to set them up.

That excuse was releasing my first book, since I wanted to provide a mechanism for feedback and also to give people who purchase the book a little something extra. As I’m launching the forums only people who’ve purchased the book will have access to it, though anyone curious enough will be able to see this section, due to a bug in bbPress. Perhaps it still needs a bit more maturing.

In time I plan on opening up the forums to anyone who wants to join, though some parts of the place will only be accessible to some. For example the books section will only be available to those who’ve purchased a book

Speaking of sections I’m keeping the place small to start. There’s a section for books, or book, since it’s just the one at the moment. There’s a section for design related topics and one of development related topics and there’s this news & announcements sections. Keeping the place small is to help me make sure bbPress is working well and also to let the early members of the community help shape its direction a little.

It’s possible, even likely that I don’t have everything looking great just yet on the forum. It’s hard to see all the different pages bbPress can display when you’re a testing group of one. Some pages will only reveal themselves once enough of us are here and interacting with each other regularly. I’ll keep working on the place, but let me know if you see anything not look right.

Welcome again and I’ll be looking forward to getting to know more of you better than I do now. Thanks for joining the community.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘News & Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.

css.php