The following guest post was written by Jerry Low of Web Hosting Secret Revealed.
I bet you had already heard about Squidoo.
No? Well, in this case you are losing lots of good publicity opportunities for your blog, website, or business.
Squidoo is a web 2.0 platform designed to make it easy for web users to create web pages online. Imagine it as a platform for one-page-blog, where the owners get to share ideas and sell products online.
At the time of writing, Squidoo is one of the top 500 websites in Alexa ranking.
For years, marketers have been leveraging the power of Squidoo. Squidoo lenses (webpages) are used to attract website traffics, building one way links, as well as developing personal authority in certain niche.
Getting Success With Squidoo
If you are totally new to this, the best way to get started is to create your own lens. It is ultra easy to start making a Squidoo lens but before you begin, here are the best 20 tips for beginners.
- Not keen in writing? No fear, fully utilize Squidoo built-in modules to minimize the writing task.
- Good keyword research work is a must before creating a Squidoo Lens.
- Good keyword research work is a must after creating a Squidoo lens, use the stats feature to check which keywords are referring you the most traffics.
- Long tail keyword helps, include them in your lens tags.
- Squidoo lenses rank well in Google, always keep SEO in mind while writing – use keyword in your lens URL, bold your keyword, include keywords in your title, make your lens description keyword rich… etc.
- Squidoo disallow drug reviews and sales, so forget about writing your 101 tips on cheap Viagra shopping.
- Implement Squidoo tags – use up all the 40 tags progressively.
- Join Squidoo Groups that are related to your topics.
- Be active in the Squidoo community – the more your profile get exposed the better your lens ranks in Squidoo.
- Be friendly – there are tons of Internet marketers hanging around Squidoo and unlimited ways to partner up with the big dogs.
- Set ‘Contact’ on in your profile so other Internet marketers can get in touch with you.
- Submit your lens to social bookmarking sites such as Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Squidoo marketing can be a quantity game, break your subject into smaller part and create more lenses on various sub topics.
- Leaving meaningful comments on other lenses helps, try start with the Lens of the Day.
- Keep your lens fresh, it ranks better in Squidoo.
- Use “Poll” and “Plexo” to increate your lens interactivity.
- Use “The Most Important Thing” and “Talk Bubble” modules to promote your primary ideas or products.
- Squidoo lens gain Google PR fast, thus remember to link back to your related website or blog via keyword-riched anchor text.
- The “Black Box” module is best to highlight your free email courses or ebooks, use that to capture more leads.
- Use “RSS Feeds” module to promote your blog in your Squidoo lens.
Wrapping Things Up: The Best Of Squidoo…
The best of Squidoo is that it is totally free. By signing up with Squidoo, you get the power to create unlimited lenses online with no cost at all. More over, you can even earn money via Squidoo profit sharing.
With nothing to lose on the table, I don’t see a reason why you are still hesitating with Squidoo. Go start a lens today!
Download a free sample from my book, Design Fundamentals.